Strandbygaard A/S was founded in 1898 by Jens Strandbygaard. Back then it was a small paper and gallantry shop at Østergade 3 in Skjern. On March 24 1898 Jens Strandbygaard obtained a royal concession to run a printing house, and in 1899 he moved to larger premises at Bredgade 106.
After four years he built a new printing house and a new private house at Skolegade 4, and in the years that followed he expanded several times.
In 1955 Erik Strandbygaard took over the management, and the founder Jens Strandbygaard continued to work in the house until his death in 1961.
Erik Strandbygaard ran the printing house until 1969, where he suddenly died. 3rd generation took over. At the age of only 27 Niels Erik Strandbygaard took over the printing house.
In 1989 the private quarters had to be included in the printing house. This arrangement worked very well for 5-6 years, but space got very cramped, and in 1996 a decision was made to build a new printing house of 1,200 m2 at Trykkerivej 2 in Skjern.
In 2000 Niels Erik Strandbygaard chose to hand over the company and the day-to-day management to his son, Ole Strandbygaard (4th generation). Niels Erik Strandbygaard continued to work in the printing house until his death in 2009.
In 2017 the production facility in Skjern was expanded by
another 1,100 square meters.
In 2018 our company branched out by adding POS material to our product
We acquired knowhow and production equipment by purchasing the
BESTSELLER group production company BS-Printhouse. The production is located in
Today the company is run by Ole Strandbygaard and Claus Scotwin, Ole’s brother-in-law.